- Registration for teams will open on Thursday the 1st of December 2022 at 12:00 noon (local Greek time).
I. Team Elite Men – Teams consisting of 2 Male athletes
II. Team Scaled Men – Teams consisting of 2 Male athletes
III. Team Scaled Mixed – Teams consisting of 1 Male and 1 Female athlete
- There will be no qualifiers in the Team Scaled events! The first 160 Scaled Men Teams and 96 Scaled Mixed Teams to register will be invited to Athens, Greece, for the finals on 05-06-07/05/2023.
- Elite Men Teams will participate in online qualifiers. At the end of the qualifiers, a total of 96 Elite Men Teams will be advanced to the finals.
Qualifiers (only for Team Elite Men)
- All teams must perform their online qualifiers at a location of their choice and submit their videos online. Athens Throwdown Judges Team will examine all videos!
- There will be two qualification workouts which will be announced on 15/01/2023, 09:00 (local Greek time). All teams must submit their scores by 31/01/2023, 23:59 (local Greek time).
- Teams can complete and submit the workouts as many times as they wish until the deadline!
- Once the deadline for the workouts is over, a team will not be able to adjust, submit or re-submit any score for these workouts.
Number of Teams who compete in Finals:
Team Elite Men (2 Male athletes): 96
Team Scaled Men (2 Male athletes): 160
Team Scaled Mixed (1 Male, 1 Female athlete): 96
Qualifiers Score Submission
- How to submit your score; upload your videos on YouTube under Public privacy settings. Make sure there are no copyright issues with the sound. Then log in to Piece of Game and submit your score and video link.
- Athletes are responsible for ensuring their scores are submitted by Tuesday, the 31st of January 2023, at 23:59 local Greek time. Late score submission is not allowed!
- You can confirm your score has been successfully submitted by seeing it appear on your Piece of Game dashboard. If you do not see your score on that page, it is not in the Piece of Game system, and you need to try again.
- Athens Throwdown team finals will run on 05-06-07/05/2023. All team athletes will compete on all three days of the finals.
- All team athletes must check in at the venue on 04/05/2023, between 18:00-19:00 local Greek time! The briefing of each workout will be done in the briefing area by the Athlete Manager before the athlete enters the arena!
- For your Team's check-in, you must have the Passports or the ID cards of all team members with you.
- Athletes may authorize one team member or a third party to check them in. The athlete's representative must have the athlete's original IDs/passports and all the signed Waivers to complete the process. Athletes can sign the Waiver online through Piece of Game instead of submitting it in hard copy.
- During the check-in, athletes will be given wristbands that they must wear throughout all three days! No one will be allowed to enter the venue and arena without them!
- If any teams miss the check-in, they will have a last chance on Friday morning, 05/05/2023, between 07:00 and 07:30. If they don't show up in both check-ins, their spot will automatically be offered to Lucky Teams!
- On Piece of Game, you can find the detailed timetable of the finals, with the exact times you compete on Friday, 05/05/2023. At the end of each event day, the heats will change based on the athletes' performance, and they will be published at Piece of Game! The event will end on Sunday, 07/05/2023, after 21:00 (local Greek time)!
- Athens Throwdown 2023 Leaderboard will be live throughout the qualifiers and finals and updated as scores are submitted. Athletes will receive an overall ranking at the end of the qualifiers and finals.